Over the past two months or so, "paint nights" have taken Boston by storm. Whether the popularity of these events can be attributed to
, or our obsession with the
which was the first new art museum to open in Boston in over 100 years in 2006, or just another excuse to drink wine on a weekday - the result is the same - we LOVE paint nights! I recently bought a deal on
for a night at
in Andrew Square, and tried it out last week. The class was so fun! I would do another one in a heartbeat. The whole event was about 1.5/2 hours and was a step-by-step guide to painting a replica of the sample painting, but there was also plenty of room to add your own flare!
Quick Tips for Your First Paint Night
- Check for deals before you purchase a full price ticket. Paint nights have been all over Groupon, LivingSocial, Ruelala, etc.
- If you are taking the T to Urban Art Bar, make sure to travel with a friend because the walk from the T to the venue goes behind a warehouse and is kind of sketchy.
- Don't wear your fav clothes. The paint is acrylic which doesn't wash out very easily (although you do wear an apron while painting).
- Call ahead and ask if they will be serving beer & wine - not all venues have a license yet!
- Get creative. I worked so hard on the background of my painting that I was reluctant to paint much over it, which made my painting more boring than the others...so when in doubt, GO FOR IT!
- Have fun!