Happy St. Patrick's Day
Happy St. Patrick's Day JUGs! Hopefully you are all waking up early and heading over to Southie today! Here is a delicious recipe from sweetsimplestuff for a big breakfast to help soak up all those festive drinks before you go!
Green Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese ToppingTopping
- 8 ounces light cream cheese (or regular) slightly softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add vanilla and cream, beat well, until very creamy and thickened. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- 2 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon aluminum free baking powder (or regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-3/4 cups reduced fat milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- green food coloring
- Place all dry ingredients in medium-large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place all wet ingredients (except food coloring) in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combined, some small lumps will remain.
- Add green food coloring as desired.
- Cook according to waffle iron directions. Serve with cream cheese topping and maple syrup.