The good news: two months until Memorial Day Weekend (aka summer kickoff). The bad news: two months until bikini season begins. I'm trying to get in shape this year - for real. I've been doing yoga almost every day, but my diet of buffalo wings and mac'n'cheese isn't going to cut it much longer. Luckily I found an awesome low-cal recipe that satisfies that buffalo wing craving: buffalo cauliflower bites (try it before you judge!) The recipe is from SkinnyTaste.com, and I am looking forward to trying more recipes from the site because this one is a winner in my book!
1 cup water
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp garlic powder
22 oz (6 1/2 cups) cauliflower florets
3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a large non-stick baking sheet with oil.
2) Combine the water, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
3) Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes.
4) While the cauliflower is baking, combine the hot sauce and butter in a small bowl.
5) Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with skinny blue cheese dressing if desired and celery sticks.
Servings: 6 • Size: about 1 cup cauliflower • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 119.4 • Fat: 2 g • Protein: 4 g • Carb: 21.4 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.2 g
Sodium: 1172 mg