#JUGsApproved Parfait with Hood Cottage Cheese (Recipe + Contest!)
If you grew up in the Boston area, you remember Hood from every birthday party. Hoodsies were the best dessert ever and everyone ate them a different way (I always ate chocolate first and vanilla second, while my best friend would spend an inordinate amount of time mixing both flavors together until she basically the consistency of a Wendy's frosty). Hood is a Boston staple. Based in Lynnfield, the company has been providing the state with high quality dairy products for more than 160 years since its founding in Charlestown.
With our hoodsie days behind us, we're ready for a healthy, grownup gal way to enjoy hood. Enter Hood Cottage Cheese. Skeptics should know that it tastes pretty much like a tapioca version of greek yogurt, with protein and live cultures to match. Hood recently launched two new sweet, delicious flavors: Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear and Cottage Cheese with Maple & Vanilla flavor added. Morning, afternoon or evening, these new Hood Cottage Cheese flavors offer a healthy snack that lets you indulge your sweet cravings with less guilt. Honey & Pear mixes in crisp, delicious pears and subtly sweetened honey. That plus a little fresh fruit, cacao, and local honey make for a wholesome breakfast worthy of any #galboss.
(makes one serving)
- Hood® Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear
- 1 ripe organic anjou pear
- local honey
- small bar of dark chocolate
- Thinly slice pear, leaving skin intact.
- Spoon two heaping spoonfuls of Hood® Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear to the bottom of a mason jar or glass.
- Place 4-5 pear slices atop the Hood® Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear.
- Drizzle one teaspoon of honey over the pear slices.
- Use a serrated knife or vegetable peeler to shave the dark chocolate bar and add a layer of coarse chopped chocolate and shavings.
- Layer on another tablespoon of Hood® Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear.
- Add the second layer of pear slices and repeat with another drizzle of honey.
- Add the last layer of Hood® Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear. (This layer can be thinner than the previous two.)
- Garnish the top of the parfait with the remaining dark chocolate shavings.
- Enjoy immediately!
From Wednesday, April 27 through Friday, April 29, BostonTweet will be delivering the JUGs parfait with Hood® Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear to local Boston companies to satisfy those afternoon cravings we all get for a sweet treat.
Want to be one of the lucky companies? Keep an eye on @BostonTweet beginning Monday, April 25 to learn how to enter for a chance to get this sweet delivery using the hashtag #SwapForSweet! You can also vote for my recipe for a chance to win a $100 gift card. And don't forget to follow @hphood on twitter for updates.