Simple Protein-packed Avocado Toast Recipe
*This post comes from our newest JUGs contributor, Colleen Gordon! Keep an eye out for Colleen's work in upcoming weeks.
Who doesn’t love avocado? And bread? No wonder avocado toast is so popular! If your mornings consist of running out the door to catch the T, making time to eat a healthy breakfast might not be a priority. Avocado toast is quick and healthy! It only calls for a few ingredients and it’s simple to prepare at home. You can make a batch the night before and quickly spread it on your toast in the morning and go.
If you are looking for a new breakfast idea or just another way to eat more avocado toast, give this recipe a try:
- 16 oz tub of Hood Cottage Cheese
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices of ezekiel bread
- Cut up one avocado and then mash it up in a small bowl
- Add a half cup of cottage cheese, 1 tsp of olive oil, and a dash of red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Mix it all together and spread as much as you’d like on some whole grain bread after toasting.
HEALTH BENEFIT: The fiber from the whole grains, the protein from the cottage cheese, and the healthy fat from the avocado will all help keep you full longer.