Book Club Discussion Guide for 'Notorious RBG' by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik
We're so excited to be hosting our first ever Ladies Lounge Book Club tomorrow evening! We'll be discussing Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Even if you haven't read the book, come join us for a lively discussion on the American justice system, feminism, family, and the future!
Above is the official Notorious RBG discussion guide as written by the authors. We'll use this as a model for our discussion and then augment with the following additional questions (and any questions you bring to the event).
- The book, though jumping back and forth in time, shows a great transition in societal thinking between when RBG went to law school to today. How we be agents to continue this progress?
- What are some examples of compromise between Marty and RBG. Were they able to reach an ideal balance in their roles?
- Why, in your opinion, are millennials so drawn to RBG?
- What did you think of the juxtaposition between Ruth's story and Biggie's rap lyrics?
- Towards the end of the book there is a chapter describing RBG's style and workout routine - do you think this would be part of a biography of a male supreme court justice? Why did the authors include this?
- What is your greatest takeaway from this read? Would you suggest this book to a friend? Why or why not?