Book Club Discussion Questions for 'Something in the Water' by Catherine Steadman
A #1 New York Times best-selling thriller with a leading lady? Yep, we simply had to read Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman. This quick read gives us lots to talk about so let's get started.
1. What were your first impressions of Erin and Mark? Did you root for them or find them... perhaps too spoiled?
2. Does this book exemplify feminist values? How so or not so?
3. If you found the bag, what would you do?
4. Why did Erin believe Mark when he came back from the dive saying the people in the plane were "bad people?"
5. The idea of people being good or bad seems to be a theme throughout the book. Are any of the characters purely good? Purely bad?
6. What do you think Erin will do next? Will she be satisfied with the simple life?
7. Were you gripped by the plot or did you find it predictable?
8. Why do you think the author chose to end with Holly and the terror attack? Why was that a fitting close to the story?