DIY Green Cleaning Solutions
Has cabin fever gotten to you yet? Technically speaking it is WAY too soon to say “spring cleaning,” but it’s never to early to learn about easy, cheap and green ways you can freshen up your space. Instead of paying for brand names, you can make the products yourself which gives you the chance to not only save dollars, but also customize your scents all on your own. Plus it is so simple, we swear! All you need to do is pick up a few basic ingredients* and then mix away.
*NOTE: These items will be a minor investment at first but then you’ll have them on hand for future homemade cleaning solutions.
Lavender All-Purpose Cleaner
What You’ll Need
- White Vinegar
- Borax (sold at many local hardware stores)
- Lavender Castille Soap (I used Dr. Bronner’s)
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Distilled Water
- Plastic or Glass spray bottle (I just re-used an old Method spray bottle but these are a cute glass option from Rail19)
1. Combine 2 tablespoons of white vinegar with 1 teaspoon of Borax in a spray bottle.
2. Fill bottle to the top with hot water. Shake until ingredients are dissolved.
3. Add 1/4 cup of lavender castle soap, 10 drops of lavender essential oil, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
4. Shake well and voila!